simpleshow started in 2008 as a media agency and has become the international market leader for the professional development of explainer videos. Using sophisticated storytelling methodology, the explanatory experts at simpleshow help make the increasingly complicated world understandable for everyone.
For the last 5 years, we have taken things one step further. Our young team of developers have created the web application simpleshow.com, which allows users to create and customise an explanatory video, almost fully automatically, based on a text script. The tool is used worldwide by companies and private users to create videos. In order to relieve the user of as much work as possible when creating videos, we regularly implement new AI services from AWS or use our own developments, which are designed and developed together with a Berliner partner company. Usability and user acceptance studies are regularly conducted and a modern design concept is employed to ensure a user-friendly experience.
About the role and your tasks
We are looking for a motivated Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d) to join our simpleshow video maker team. As part of this amazing team, you will contribute to the advancement of the simpleshow video maker through your ideas and knowledge. If you are curious, adaptable, and genuinely passionate about your job, we would love to get to know you!
You will join a relaxed and fun team that enjoys coding outside of the office and often meet up for drinks after work. Working for the dev team of simpleshow video maker offers a great deal of freedom, allowing you to arrange your working hours to suit your needs and work remotely when necessary.
Technologically, we are always at the forefront, ensuring that our software remains future-proof and constantly expanding our individual know-how.
- You design and develop new features for the simpleshow.com with your team
- You work with an agile team to develop a long-term, scalable system
- Together with the product owner and the QA team you will develop next generation development packages
- You help shape our roadmap with your enthusiasm, knowledge and ideas
- You initiate further technical developments on an architectural and structural level
- You bring forward new ideas on your own initiative together with your colleagues
- You are a role model and like to pass on your knowledge of software development with backend technologies to the team
This is your skillset
- You have more than 4 years of experience in the development of backend scalable applications
- You have already worked with AWS or other public clouds and have hands-on experience with deployment and configuration
- You have excellent Java skills (preferably Java 11+) and have worked with Spring / Spring Boot incl. Hibernate
- You have worked with some of the following databases: MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
- You understand and speak English very well
- You can contribute with your experience to architecture and design decisions (system architecture, design patterns, availability and scaling)
- You value well-structured application architecture as well as readable, maintainable and extensible code
- You have a high demand on code quality, reviews, testing, CI & CD processes
- You can act as a mentor for your teammates to share your experience
- You have already worked in agile mode and know the Scrum process
- Here you can find our complete technology stack.
Our benefits for you
We offer more than just benefits - in addition to a mega innovative SaaS product that will inspire you, you have the opportunity to be yourself and really make a difference. In our trusting work environment at eye level, you will have a lot of creative possibilities. And you get all this on top:
- Flexibility! Work remotely, all over Germany.
- A competitive and extremely fair salary.
- With the help of a company pension plan, you can invest in your future.
- With an Urban-Sports-Club membership and bike leasing via JobRad, you'll find the perfect balance to your workday on the laptop (which you'll get from us, of course!).
- A fixed feedback system and an open feedback culture where every opinion counts!
- Work hard, play hard! We celebrate our joint successes at our regular team events.
- We support your voluntary commitment with your working time.
- Last but not least... Sabbatical is not a foreign word for us.
If you are looking for an exciting challenge in a growing company and are ready to celebrate success together with us, we look forward to receiving your application - regardless of gender, nationality, faith, ethnic origin, age or sexual orientation.